Monday, June 8, 2009

Little Tam's 1st Day in Pre-school:)


Another summer has passed and it is once again time to get back into the hectic daily schedules of Mommy Ary. Yet again, a new school year brings us new and exciting possibilities. Little Tam will be adjusting to early wake-up calls, a new routine, meeting old and new friends, trying out new and exciting programs, and I , as a parent is looking forward to new experiences which I hope will bring out the best in my precious son.


Today was Little Tam’s much anticipated first day in preschool! He is attending at St. Matthew’s Montessori, a private school for toddlers, preschoolers and elementary students. Because of his health condition, I have to wait for him for 3 hours in the school canteen. Although he was a little concerned that he'd miss me when I dropped him off, it didn't take long at all for him to forget I was even in the room with him. When I came back to pick him up, he told me he didn't want to go home!


His favorite things today were playing with green play dough and painting, sliding down the big slide, sitting in circle time and singing songs, and meeting new friends. I taught him to write his name last summer and now he can identify the letters of the alphabet, shapes, colors and can he can now write the letters of the alphabet eligibly. There is much more for him to explore and learn as the school year unfolds!

Just want to share the school’s philosophy with you…and I love reading them:

1. Each child is unique
2. Each child has innate potentials and abilities
3. Each child has his own strengths and weaknesses
4. Each child possesses varied patterns and different paces of growth and development
5. Each child’s development must be nurtured
6. Each child has its own learning style as well as different interests, needs and motivations
7. Providing experiences such as interacting with real life objects will help them construct knowledge
8. Each child must be provided with an environment that will encourage them to learn, grow and be happy
9. Following Progressive Approach will provide each child to be well rounded with experiences with intellectual, social, emotional, spiritual and physical development.
10. Each child can be the BEST in his own ways




To you my son, a life of happiness and wonder awaits you. Relief washes over me knowing that you head into the next chapter of your life grounded, with a strong sense of self worth. I hope you continue to be true to yourself, never fear speaking your mind and keep the ability be open to everyone:)

Live...Love and Be Blessed:)

Ary

No comments:

Post a Comment